Note: This feature is for Facebook PAGES, not for personal profiles.
Custom tab links sit at the top of your profile just below the cover photo. Many Facebook page owners do not realise that you can customise these links to point to any external page or site you wish. Use them effectively to drive traffic to your website, blog, YouTube channel or any other social media profile!
I am going to show you how you can quickly smarted up your Facebook page with customised tabs…
1. Design your tab – this must be exactly 111(w) x 74(h) pixels.
2. In Facebook, search for [Woobox Custom Tab] in the search bar and click the first result (note: you will need to be logged into a personal account to do this). You will need to click the green “Install Page Tab” button
3. You will then be presented with a “Add Page Tab” box. Select the correct Facebook page from the drop-down and then click “Add Page Tab”. You will then need to “Authorize the Tab Application”
4. You will be taken to a Tab Settings screen. Click on the radio button labeled [Redirect] and enter the URL of the tab link destination. Further down you will need to enter a [Tab Name] – this will show underneath the tab so choose wisely. You will also need to upload the tab image you created earlier. For the purpose of this, you will not need to modify any other settings.
5. You will need to grant the App certain permissions and VOILA! You’re custom tab awaits!
To edit the tabs at a later date, simply click on “Edit Page” > “Update Info” and within the apps tab click on “Edit Settings” on the Static Iframe Tab.
Good Examples of Custom Tab Use: Facebook allows you to add many custom tabs so you can create additional ones for your blog, your YouTube channel, your other social profiles, whatever you want! Simply repeat the above steps.
You Can Use Custom Tab Links For…
- Cross-populating Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest etc.
- Your Blog
- Newsletter Sign-up
- Your e-Commerce Store
- Offering a Free Trial Product or Service
- Event Sign-Up
- Customer Services
If you have any questions or want further help with this topic (or anything else on this site), please follow me on Google+ and shoot me a message.